The Information VoiceProtect Collects
The amount and type of information that VoiceProtect gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. There are three ways VoiceProtect collects information:
- When you sign up as a registered user of our service the only information we collect is your phone number, credit card number, and voiceprint (which is a mathematical representation of your voice and not an audio recording).
- VoiceProtect does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
How we user your information
Personal Information. The only personal information VoiceProtect requires from registered users is their phone number, voiceprint, and credit card for payment. The reason VoiceProtect requests information is critical to the service and detailed as follows:
- Speaker Recognition (Voiceprint). VoiceProtect will create an algorithmic representation of the voice of registered users. This will not be shared with any third party or used for any other purposes other than as designated by user or company for authentication purposes.
- Mobile Phone Number. In order to send you SMS messages to your mobile phone when you authenticate on any website, and we treat as one of the factors in our authentication process (i.e., something you have), we require your mobile phone number.
- Billing and Payments. In order to process payment for our service, we will ask for your credit card number and other billing information.
We do not require your name, email address, or any other personal identifying information.
Sharing and protection of your personally-identifying information
- VoiceProtect Customers. When you register to VoiceProtect as a user, no one else will have access to your personal information.
- Employees. As a general rule, our employees and service providers do not monitor, review, or have access to your data.
- Compliance and Law Enforcement. VoiceProtect discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on VoiceProtect’s behalf or to provide services available at VoiceProtect’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using VoiceProtect’s service, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. VoiceProtect will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, VoiceProtect discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when VoiceProtect believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of VoiceProtect, third parties or the public at large. VoiceProtect takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
- Security of Billing Information. When you enter sensitive information such as credit card number on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee it's absolute security. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on our website and mobile application in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
- Phishing. Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to VoiceProtect. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov.
VoiceProtect’s products have multiple built-in features to help further secure our customer and partner data. These occur at the data model, voiceprint, and application level.
Data Model. Our data model has been specifically designed to not support the storage and transfer of any personally identifiable information, other than what is considered bare minimum.
Voiceprints. Our voiceprints are natively secure. Voiceprints are not voice recordings. They are mathematical models of the unique elements of a person’s speech which are derived from a “feature extraction” process. Voiceprints can’t be listened to and cannot be reverse-engineered into speech. We use a proprietary voiceprint data storage format that is not published and which can only be interpreted by VoiceProtect’s voice biometric engine. So, in the highly unlikely event that someone ever obtained a VoiceProtect voiceprint, there is nothing they could do with it. Also all personally identifiable information in VoiceProtect’s system is fully encrypted at the application level.
Phone Numbers. Phone numbers are fully encrypted at the application level.
Any of the personal data captured by any of our applications are only retained as long as a user is registered with VoiceProtect’s services.
Policy towards children
VoiceProtect’s website application are not directed to individuals under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at contact@SecondMind.ai.